For courses in Introduction to Security and Introduction to Security Management.
The updated fourth edition of Introduction to Security: Operations and Management provides a single, comprehensive text that balances introductory protection concepts with security management principles and practices. It presents a global view of security along with the practical application of security principles. Unmatched coverage of management topics such as planning, budgeting, and dealing with decision-makers make this an outstanding text for security management courses. The accessible and concise writing style makes it a top choice for students, while Ortmeier’s focus on career preparation makes this edition an excellent prep tool for the ASIS International Certified Protection Professional (CPP) exam.
Table of Contents
PART I INTRODUCTION: SECURITY’S ROLE IN SOCIETY
1. History and Overview
2. Threats to Safety and Security
3. Legal Aspects of Security
PART II SECURITY OPERATIONS: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
4. Physical Security: Structural, Electronic, and Human Protection Systems
5. Personnel Security through Leadership and Ethics
6. Information, Communications, and Computer Security
PART III SECURITY MANAGEMENT
7. Risk Assessment, Security Surveys, and Planning
8. Program Implementation and Administration
9. Investigations, Intelligence Operations, and Reporting
PART IV SECURITY APPLICATIONS AND SOLUTIONS
10. Institutional Security, Disaster Recovery, and Executive Protection
11. Industrial Security, Retail Loss Prevention, and Workplace Violence
12. Homeland Security: Confronting Terrorism and Domestic Threats
PART V TRENDS AND CHALLENGES
13. Career Opportunities
14. The Future
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$42.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-266620-6