The best-selling case-based text, Introduction to Teaching: Becoming a Professional, sharpens its focus on issues in education in its fifth edition. Weaving this focus throughout every chapter with new features and chapter sections covering diversity, reform, urban education, and technology, the text ensures that prospective teachers gather all the needed information to create an up-to-date picture of the ever changing face of education. The authors take this information and bring it to life with cases, classroom examples and videos, again ensuring that the living, changing, challenging and fulfilling life of an educator is as clear as it can be.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Teachers and Students
1. Do I want to Be a Teacher?
2. Changes in American Society: Their Influences on Today’s Students
3. Student Diversity: Culture, Language, Gender, and Exceptionalities
Part 2: Foundations
4. Education in the United States: Its Historical Roots
5. Educational Philosophy and Your Teaching
6. Choosing a School
7. Governance and Finance: Regulating and Funding Schools
8. School Law: Ethical and Legal Influences on Teaching
Part 3: Teaching
9. The School Curriculum in an Era of Standards
10. Classroom Management: Creating Productive Learning Environments
11. Becoming an Effective Teacher
Part 4: Entering the Profession
12. Educational Reform and You
13. Developing as a Professional
$164.00 | Free Ground Shipping.
MyLab and Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab and Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$65.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-283615-9
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$96.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-338915-9