For an undergraduate course in Foundations and/or Intro to Education.
Providing prospective teachers with an honest look at the students, classrooms and schools they’ll encounter.
While this renowned text continues to contextualize the fundamentals of education with real world settings and applications, the fifth edition’s clear focus on issues brings relevance to every discussion. Issues in reform, in diversity, and in day to day teaching situations bring foundational and introductory topics to life and help prospective teachers see themselves in the real world of their future profession.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Teachers and Students
1. Do I want to Be a Teacher?
2. Changes in American Society: Their Influences on Today’s Students
3. Student Diversity: Culture, Language, Gender, and Exceptionalities
Part 2: Foundations
4. Education in the United States: Its Historical Roots
5. Educational Philosophy and Your Teaching
6. Choosing a School
7. Governance and Finance: Regulating and Funding Schools
8. School Law: Ethical and Legal Influences on Teaching
Part 3: Teaching
9. The School Curriculum in an Era of Standards
10. Classroom Management: Creating Productive Learning Environments
11. Becoming an Effective Teacher
Part 4: Entering the Profession
12. Educational Reform and You
13. Developing as a Professional
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$67.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-283615-9