NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
The best-selling case-based text, Introduction to Teaching: Becoming a Professional, sharpens its focus on issues in education in its Fifth Edition. Weaving this focus throughout every chapter with new features and chapter sections covering diversity, reform, urban education, and technology, the text ensures that prospective teachers gather all the needed information to create an up-to-date picture of the ever changing face of education. The authors take this information and bring it to life with cases, classroom examples and videos, again ensuring that the living, changing, challenging and fulfilling life of an educator is as clear as it can be. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Teachers and Students
1. Do I want to Be a Teacher?
2. Changes in American Society: Their Influences on Today’s Students
3. Student Diversity: Culture, Language, Gender, and Exceptionalities
Part 2: Foundations
4. Education in the United States: Its Historical Roots
5. Educational Philosophy and Your Teaching
6. Choosing a School
7. Governance and Finance: Regulating and Funding Schools
8. School Law: Ethical and Legal Influences on Teaching
Part 3: Teaching
9. The School Curriculum in an Era of Standards
10. Classroom Management: Creating Productive Learning Environments
11. Becoming an Effective Teacher
Part 4: Entering the Profession
12. Educational Reform and You
13. Developing as a Professional
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$81.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-314530-4
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$100.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-339468-9
$110.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-341387-8
$118.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340657-3
$200.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-283563-3
$214.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-338620-2