Table of Contents
R. Prealgebra Review
R.2 Decimals and Percents
1. The Real Number System
1.1 Exponents, Order of Operations, and Inequality
1.2 Variables, Expressions, and Equations
1.3 Real Numbers and the Number Line
1.4 Adding Real Numbers
1.5 Subtracting Real Numbers
1.6 Multiplying and Dividing Real Numbers
1.7 Properties of Real Numbers
1.8 Simplifying Expressions
2. Equations, Inequalities, and Applications
2.1 The Addition Property of Equality
2.2 The Multiplication Property of Equality
2.3 More on Solving Linear Equations
2.4 An Introduction to Applications of Linear Equations
2.5 Formulas and Additional Applications from Geometry
2.6 Ratio, Proportion, and Percent
2.7 Solving Linear Inequalities
3. Graphs of Linear Equations and Inequalities in Two Variables
3.1 Linear Equations in Two Variables; The Rectangular Coordinate System
3.2 Graphing Linear Equations in Two Variables
3.3 The Slope of a Line
3.4 Writing and Graphing Equations of Lines
3.5 Graphing Linear Inequalities in Two Variables
4. Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities
4.1 Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Graphing
4.2 Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Substitution
4.3 Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Elimination
4.4 Applications of Linear Systems
4.5 Solving Systems of Linear Inequalities
5. Exponents and Polynomials
5.1 Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
5.2 The Product Rule and Power Rules for Exponents
5.3 Multiplying Polynomials
5.4 Special Products
5.5 Integer Exponents and the Quotient Rule
5.6 Dividing a Polynomial by a Monomial
5.7 Dividing a Polynomial by a Polynomial
5.8 An Application of Exponents: Scientific Notation
6. Factoring and Applications
6.1 Factors; The Greatest Common Factor
6.2 Factoring Trinomials
6.3 Factoring Trinomials by Grouping
6.4 Factoring Trinomials by Using the FOIL Method
6.5 Special Factoring Techniques
6.6 Solving Quadratic Equations by Factoring
6.7 Applications of Quadratic Equations
7. Rational Expressions and Applications
7.1 The Fundamental Property of Rational Expressions
7.2 Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions
7.3 Least Common Denominators
7.4 Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions
7.5 Complex Fractions
7.6 Solving Equations with Rational Expressions
7.7 Applications of Rational Expressions
8. Roots and Radicals
8.1 Evaluating Roots
8.2 Multiplying, Dividing, and Simplifying Radicals
8.3 Adding and Subtracting Radicals
8.4 Rationalizing the Denominator
8.5 More Simplifying and Operations with Radicals
8.6 Solving Equations with Radicals
9. Quadratic Equations
9.1 Solving Quadratic Equations by the Square Root Property
9.2 Solving Quadratic Equations by Completing the Square
9.3 Solving Quadratic Equations by the Quadratic Formula
9.4 Graphing Quadratic Equations9.5 Introduction to Functions
Appendix: Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
Answers to Selected Exercises
Solutions to Selected Exercises
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$35.20 | Add to Cart
$36.80 | Add to Cart
$44.20 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321939210
Includes this title packaged with:
- MathXL Valuepack Access Card (6-months)
. . Pearson Education
$236.80 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$103.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-87326-2
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-87133-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$134.48 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-91406-4
$168.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-91453-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$148.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-87275-3