To succeed in introductory chemistry, you need to develop your problem-solving skills—but you’ll also need to understand why these skills are important. Introductory Chemistry, Fourth Edition extends chemistry from the laboratory to your world, helping you learn chemistry by demonstrating how it is manifested in your daily life. Throughout, the Fourth Edition presents a new student-friendly, step-by-step problem-solving approach that adds four steps to worked examples (Sort, Strategize, Solve, and Check). This proven text continues to foster student success beyond the classroom with MasteringChemistry®, the most advanced online tutorial and assessment program available.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0321741021 / 9780321741028 Introductory Chemistry Plus MasteringChemistry with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321687930 / 9780321687937 Introductory Chemistry
032173002X / 9780321730022 MasteringChemistry with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card -- for Introductory Chemistry
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: Measurement and Problem Solving
Chapter 3: Matter and Energy
Chapter 4: Atoms and Elements
Chapter 5: Molecules and Compounds
Chapter 6: Chemical Composition
Chapter 7: Chemical Reactions
Chapter 8: Quantities in Chemical Reactions
Chapter 9: Electrons in Atoms and the Periodic Table
Chapter 10: Chemical Bonding
Chapter 11: Gases
Chapter 12: Liquids, Solids, and Intermolecular Forces
Chapter 13: Solutions
Chapter 14: Acids and Bases
Chapter 15: Chemical Equilibrium
Chapter 16: Oxidation and Reduction
Chapter 17: Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
Chapter 18: Organic Chemistry
Chapter 19: Biochemistry
Appendix: Mathematics Review
Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$92.40 | Add to Cart
$112.00 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Introductory Chemistry, 5th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$113.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83925-1
$113.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-73005-3
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-71481-7
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83918-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users