Carrying through an atoms-first approach from the first four editions, and focusing students on mastering the quantitative skills and conceptual knowledge they need to get a true understanding of chemistry, Russo and Silver’s Introductory Chemistry, Fifth Edition continues the tradition of relevance that makes it so effective. Now including MasteringChemistry®, the leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment product with a demonstrated record of helping students quickly master concepts, this Fifth Edition includes new opportunities for students to practice their understanding of key concepts. MasteringChemistry provides seamless synergy with the text to create a dynamic learning program that enables students to learn both in and out of the classroom.
With Russo and Silver’s Introductory Chemistry, Fifth Edition and MasteringChemistry, you get a complete teaching and learning program that gives you and your students critical tools for ensuring a successful introduction to chemistry, including:
- An atoms-first approach to chemistry: Through an atoms-first approach, used effectively in the previous four editions, students start learning from the building blocks of matter and progress to understanding complex chemistry concepts from a logical point of view and with a deep understanding.
- Personalized, interactive learning for achieving proficiency of the concepts with MasteringChemistry: Self-paced tutorials guide students through the text’s most challenging topics; provide immediate, specific feedback and reinforcement; and present varied content to keep students engaged and on track.
- An emphasis on core concepts for solving quantitative and qualitative problems: Students get a true understanding of introductory chemistry by using material that presents problem solving and comprehension as complimentary skills, rather than encouraging rote memorization.
- Features that demonstrate how relevant chemistry concepts are in students' lives: A number of outstanding features that show chemistry as a fascinating science.
Table of Contents
1. What is Chemistry?
2. The Numerical Side of Chemistry
3. The Evolution of Atomic Theory
4. The Modern Model of the Atom
5. Chemical Bonding and Nomenclature
6. The Shape of Molecules
7. Intermolecular Forces and the Phases of Matter
8. Chemical Reactions
9. Stoichiometry and the Mole
10. Electron Transfer in Chemical Reactions
11. What If There Were No Intermolecular Forces? The Ideal Gas
13. When Reactants Turn into Products
14. Chemical Equilibrium
15. Electrolytes, Acids, and Bases
16. Nuclear Chemistry
17. The Chemistry of Carbon
18. Synthetic and Biological Polymers
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Introductory Chemistry: Atoms First, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$80.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-93373-7