With its distinctive investigative approach to learning, this best-selling laboratory manual encourages you to participate in the process of science and develop creative and critical reasoning skills. You are invited to pose hypotheses, make predictions, conduct open-ended experiments, collect data, and apply the results to new problems. The Seventh Edition emphasizes connections to recurring themes in biology, including structure and function, unity and diversity, and the overarching theme of evolution. Select tables from the lab manual are provided in Excel® format in MasteringBiology® at www.masteringbiology.com, allowing you to record data directly on their computer, process data using statistical tests, create graphs, and be prepared to communicate your results in class discussions or reports.
Table of Contents
1. Scientific Investigation
2. Microscopes and Cells
3. Diffusion and Osmosis
5. Cellular Respiration and Fermentation
7. Mitosis and Meiosis
8. Mendelian Genetics I: Fast Plants
9. Mendelian Genetics II: Drosophila
10. Molecular Biology
11. Population Genetics I: The Hardy-Weinberg Theorem
12. Population Genetics II: Determining Genetic Variation
14. Protists and Fungi
15. Plant Diversity I: Nonvascular Plants (Bryophytes) and Seedless Vascular Plants
16. Plant Diversity II: Seed Plants
17. Molecular Phylogeny of Plants
18. Animal Diversity I: Porifera, Cnidaria, Platyhelminthes, Annelida, Mollusca
19. Animal Diversity II: Nematoda, Arthropoda, Echinodermata, Chordata
20. Plant Anatomy
21. Plant Growth
22. Vertebrate Anatomy I: The Skin and Digestive System
23. Vertebrate Anatomy II: The Circulatory and Respiratory Systems
24. Vertebrate Anatomy III: The Excretory, Reproductive, and Nervous Systems
25. Animal Development
26. Animal Behavior
27. Ecology I: Terrestrial Ecology
28. Ecology II: Computer Simulations of a Pond Ecosystem
A Scientific Writing and Communication
B Chi-Square Test
C Terminology and Techniques for Dissection
D Calculations and Answers to Problems for Lab Topic 12
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Investigating Biology Laboratory Manual, 8th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$55.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-70630-0