For courses in Criminal Justice, Computer Crime, Cyber Crime, and Computer Forensics.
Written for first responders, this text was developed to address the need for an investigator’s guide to high tech crime. Filled with real world examples, it is meant to be a hands-on training tool as well as a long-term reference manual. Chapters and materials are sequenced using a building block approach–one that ensures all students have the baseline knowledge needed to advance to the more complex topic areas. With an emphasis on demystifying the world of high tech crime, this book uses plain terms and real world analogies to make concepts accessible and meaningful to those on the front lines.
Table of Contents
1. Intro to Computer Hardware, Software, and the Internet
2. Introduction to Operating Systems
3. High Tech Criminal Offenses
4. High Tech Frauds
5. High Tech VICE Crimes, Hackers, and Terrorists
6. Tracking & Tracing Internet Crimes
7. Pedophiles and Online Child Enticement
8. Online Intelligence Gathering
9. Legal Issues
10. Handling High Tech Evidence
11. Developing a Computer Forensics Unit
APPENDIX A: STATE AND/OR AGENCY LISTING OF COMPUTER CRIMES TASK FORCES
APPENDIX B: STATE COMPUTER CRIMES STATUTES–CITATIONS
APPENDIX C: DEFINITIONS OF COMMON TERMS USED IN A HIGH TECH CRIME SEARCH WARRANT AFFIDAVIT
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Investigating High-Tech Crime, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$32.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501006-8