This is the eBook version of the printed book.
The challenges of designing, building, and maintaining large-scale, distributed enterprise systems are truly daunting. Written by and for IT professionals, IT Architectures and Middleware, Second Edition, will help you rise above the conflicts of new business objectives, new technologies, and vendor wars, allowing you to think clearly and productively about the particular challenges you face.
This book focuses on the essential principles and priorities of system design and emphasizes the new requirements emerging from the rise of e-commerce and distributed, integrated systems. It offers a concise overview of middleware technology alternatives and distributed systems. Numerous increasingly complex examples are incorporated throughout, and the book concludes with some short case studies.
Topics covered include:
- Middleware technology review
- Key principles of distributed systems: resiliency, performance and scalability, security, and systems management
- Information access requirements and data consistency
- Application integration design
- Recasting existing applications as services
In this new edition, with updates throughout, coverage has been expanded to include:
- Service-oriented architecture concepts
- Web services and .NET technology
- A more structured approach to system integration design
Table of Contents
1. The Problem.
2. The Emergence of Standard Middleware.
3. Objects, Components, and the Web.
4. Web Services.
5. A Technical Summary of Middleware.
6. Using Middleware to Build Distributed Applications.
8. Performance and Scalability.
9. Systems Management.
11. Application Design and IT Architecture.
12. Implementing Business Processes.
13. Integration Design.
14. Information Access and Information Accuracy.
15. Changing and Integrating Applications.
16. Building an IT Architecture.
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
Add to Cart