John E. Freund's Mathematical Statistics with Applications, Eighth Edition, provides a calculus-based introduction to the theory and application of statistics, based on comprehensive coverage that reflects the latest in statistical thinking, the teaching of statistics, and current practices.
This text is appropriate for a two-semester or three-quarter calculus-based course in Introduction to Mathematical Statistics. It can also be used for a single-semester course emphasizing probability, probability distributions and densities, sampling, and classical statistical inference.
Table of Contents
3. Probability Distributions and Probability Densities
4. Mathematical Expectation
5. Special Probability Distributions
6. Special Probability Densities
7. Functions of Random Variables
8. Sampling Distributions
9. Decision Theory
10. Point Estimation
11. Interval Estimation
12. Hypothesis Testing
13. Tests of Hypotheses Involving Means, Variances, and Proportions
14. Regression and Correlation
15. Design and Analysis of Experiments
16. Nonparametric Tests
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$71.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-82446-2