Intended primarily for courses in Computer Concepts and Office Applications, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
A computer literacy approach designed for the needs of today’s readers!
Jump Right In!, by best-selling author and expert teacher, Jean Andrews, combines proven and innovative educational research with cutting edge technology. The content, design, and approach compel readers to engage proactively in learning essential computer skills and applications including Office 2013 and Windows 8 (or Windows 7). The teach-yourself approach of Jump Right In! provides multiple learning paths based on the needs of different types of learners.
Break through to improved results with MyITLab® for Jump Right In! –a fully integrated learning system that includes Grader projects, training and assessment simulations, the Pearson eText, and all of the student and instructor resources in one place! MyITLab personalizes learning to help your students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams–resulting in more dynamic experiences in the classroom and improved performance in the course.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyITLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyITLab, contact your Pearson representative.
MyITLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Using Windows 8 to Manage Applications and Data (alternate version for Windows 7)
Chapter 2: Finding and Using Information on the Web (alternate versions for Windows 7 and Windows 8)
Chapter 3: Creating Documents with Microsoft Word
Chapter 4: Using OneNote to Research Online
Chapter 5: Writing Research Papers Using Word Templates
Chapter 6: Communicating with Others Using the Internet
Chapter 7: Finding a Job Using the Web, a Résumé, and a Business Letter
Chapter 8: Using PowerPoint to Give a Presentation
Chapter 9: Adding Action and Sound to a PowerPoint Presentation
Chapter 10: Managing Numbers and Text Using Excel
Chapter 11: Organizing Data Using Excel
Chapter 12: Connecting to the Internet and Securing a Computer
Chapter 13: Maintaining a Computer and Fixing Computer Problems
Chapter 14: Buying Your Own Personal Computer
Chapter 15: Creating and Using Databases with Microsoft Access
Chapter 16: Authoring Your Own Website
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345987-6
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-342553-6
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345988-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$71.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-342563-5