For courses in Criminal Justice Administration.
This book is the only single-author book of its kind–exploring administration from a systems perspective that looks at administrative issues and practices for all three branches: police, courts and corrections. Drawing on the author’s 35 years of experience, the text offers an authentic and unique real-world perspective and includes thirty case studies throughout. This revision addresses many new topics–from technological advances to future trends–and introduces students to the practical aspects of justice administration.
Table of Contents
PART I: JUSTICE ADMINISTRATION: AN INTRODUCTION
1. The Study and Scope of Justice Administration
2. Organization and Administration: Principles and Practices
PART II: THE POLICE
3. Police Organization and Operation
4. Police Personnel Roles and Functions
5. Police Issues and Practices
6. Terrorism and Homeland Defense
PART III: THE COURTS
7. Court Organization and Operation
8. Court Personnel Roles and Functions
9. Court Issues and Practices
PART IV: CORRECTIONS
10. Corrections Organization and Operation
11. Corrections Personnel Roles and Functions
12. Corrections Issues and Practices
PART V: ISSUES SPANNING THE JUSTICE SYSTEM: ADMINISTRATIVE CHALLENGES AND PRACTICES
13. Ethical Considerations
14. Rights of Criminal Justice Employees
15. Special Challenges: Drugs, Discipline, Labor Relations, and Liability
16. Financial Administration
17. Technologies Now and for the Future
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Justice Administration, CourseSmart eTextbook, 6th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$73.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-607191-4