For juvenile justice/juvenile delinquency courses in Criminal Justice, Criminology and Sociology departments.
Unique in approach, this book gives students an intimate look at the fascinating and sometimes tragic world of the juvenile offender and the juvenile justice system. Its comprehensive approach progresses from the history of juvenile justice to the types of delinquency, to the causes of offending, to juvenile courts, corrections, probation and community-based programming. Fully revised, this edition includes a new chapter on juvenile aftercare and sections on youth development and treatment. Voices in the system are heard via a unique collection of first-person accounts that capture the personal, psychological and thinking processes that characterize juvenile misbehavior.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: THE NATURE AND EXTENT OF DELINQUENCY
1. Adolescence and Delinquency
2. The Measurement and Nature of Delinquency
PART TWO: THE CAUSES OF DELINQUENCY
3. Individual Causes of Delinquency
4. Social structural Causes of Delinquency
5. Social Process Theories of Delinquency
6. Social Interactionist Theories of Delinquency
PART THREE: ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCES ON DELINQUENCY
7. Gender and Delinquency
8. The Family and Delinquency
9. The School and Delinquency
10. Gangs and Delinquency
11. Drugs and Delinquency
PART FOUR: PREVENTING DELINQUENCY
12. The Prevention of Delinquency
13. The Juvenile Justice Process
14. The Police and the Juvenile
15. The Juvenile Court
16. Juvenile Corrections
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Juvenile Delinquency, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-507863-1