A market-leader, The Juvenile Justice System, 7e, follows a true-to-life focus, capturing the essence of what it means to be part of the juvenile justice system through personality highlights, career snapshots, and personal accounts. The text provides a thorough examination of the juvenile justice system through easy-to-understand descriptions and discussions of policy, practice, and procedure in juvenile justice. It covers the entire process from arrest, intake, and adjudicatory hearings, to dispositions, and aftercare. This includes up-to-date, comprehensive coverage of historical, applied, theoretical, and legal information about the juvenile justice system and juvenile delinquency.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 An Overview of Juvenile Justice in the United States
Chapter 2 The History of Juvenile Justice and Origins of the Juvenile Court
Chapter 3 Theories of Delinquency and Intervention Programs
Chapter 4 The Legal Rights of Juveniles
Chapter 5 Juveniles and the Police
Chapter 6 Intake and Preadjudicatory Processing
Chapter 7 Prosecutorial Decision Making in Juvenile Justice
Chapter 8 Classification and Preliminary Treatment: Waivers and Other Alternatives
Chapter 9 The Adjudicatory Process: Dispositional Alternatives
Chapter 10 Nominal Sanctions: Warnings, Diversion, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Chapter 11 Juvenile Probation and Community-Based Corrections
Chapter 12 Juvenile Corrections: Custodial Sanctions and Aftercare
This item has been upgraded to Juvenile Justice System, The: Delinquency, Processing, and the Law, 8th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$78.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306795-8