Keys to College Success sets the standard for connecting academic success to success beyond school, showing students how to apply strategies within college, career, and life. The Eighth Edition retains its tried-and-true emphasis on thinking skills and problem solving, re-imagined with two goals in mind: a risk and reward framework that reflects the demands today's students face, and a focus on student experience specific to four-year schools with a more extensive research base and increased metacognition.
Keys to College Success provides the established KEYS set of tools for success – an understanding of how coursework connects to career and life goal achievement, and analytical, creative, and practical thinking coverage that empowers a range of cognitive ability. This program provides:
- Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab™: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
- College Connection to Career and Life Goals: Infused with a fresh focus on risk and reward, showing that the reward of success in the modern world demands a risk of vision and persistent effort over time. It raises the bar to show students that they must risk action to grow, thrive, and contribute in order to make their college investment pay off in gainful employment, meaningful work, and community involvement.
- Thinking Skills coverage: Comprehensive content with research references lend credibility and perspective to concepts, targeted exercises that explore personally relevant situations in context, and sustained focus throughout each topic.
- Tailored to the four-year program experience: Acknowledges global economic change and instability and hones in on student concerns about employability skills and debt management so the four-year college experience is framed in practical, work-relevant ways even as it supports the value of a liberal education. New coverage of resources, topics, and research support concepts.
Note: This is a standalone book. If you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0133958817 / 9780133958812 Keys to College Success Plus MyStudentSuccessLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 8/e
Table of Contents
Quick Start to College: Helpful Information and Advice as You Begin
1. The Rewards of College: What Are You Willing to Risk to Reach Your Goals?
2. Goals, Time, Stress Management: What Trade-Offs Are You Willing to Make?
3. Emotional and Physical Wellness: How Healthy Are You Willing to Be?
4. Personality and Learning Preferences: Who Are You and What Makes You Unique?
5. Critical, Creative, and Practical Thinking: How Can You Maximize Brain Power?
6. Reading, Research, and Writing: How Can You Develop Deep Understanding?
7. Note-taking, Memory, and Studying: How Can You Retain What You Learn?
8. Test Taking: How Can You Show What You Know?
9. People, Resources and Opportunities: How Can You Make the Most of College Life?
10. Plan for Career Success: What is Your Purpose and Your Passion?
11. Mathematical and Financial Literacy: How can You Be Money Smart?
12. Thriving in a Diverse Global Community: How Can You Communicate Effectively and Make a Difference?
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$48.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-97449-5
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99741-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$43.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95257-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$72.27 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-385143-4