NOTE: This edition features the same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value; this format costs significantly less than a new textbook. Before purchasing, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Keys to Community College Success sets the standard for connecting academic success to success beyond school, showing students how to apply strategies within college, career, and life. This Seventh edition retains Keys' tried-and-true emphasis on thinking skills and problem solving, re-imagined with two goals in mind: One, a risk and reward framework that reflects the demands today's students face, and two, a focus on student experience specific to two-year schools with a more extensive research base and increased metacognition, helping students get a degree, get skills, or work toward a transfer.
Keys to Community College Success helps students take ownership, develop academic and transferable skills, and show the results of commitment and action so they are well equipped with the concentration, commitment, focus, and persistence necessary to succeed. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Strategies for College, Career, and Life Success
Keys to Community College Success provides the established KEYS set of tools for success – an understanding of how coursework connects to career and life goal achievement, and analytical, creative, and practical thinking coverage that empowers a range of cognitive ability. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· College Connection to Career and Life Goals: Infused with a fresh focus on risk and reward, showing that the reward of success in the modern world demands a risk of vision and persistent effort over time. It raises the bar to show students that they must risk action to grow, thrive, and contribute in order to make their college investment pay off in gainful employment, meaningful work, and community involvement.
· Thinking Skills coverage:Comprehensive content with research references lend credibility and perspective to concepts, targeted exercises that explore personally relevant situations in context, and sustained focus throughout each topic.
· Tailored to the Two Year Program experience: Acknowledges global economic change and instability and hones in on student concerns about employability skills and debt management so the two-year college experience is framed in practical, work-relevant ways with consideration toward transfer students as well. New coverage of resources, topics, and research support concepts.
Also Available with MyStudentSuccessLab™
This title is also available with MyStudentSuccessLab–an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyStudentSuccessLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyStudentSuccessLab, search for:
0321952553 / 9780321952554 Keys to Community College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab Update - Access Card Package (NOT Books a la Carte Edition)
Package consists of:
• 0321943252 / 9780321943255 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab without Pearson eText - Valuepack Access Card
• 0321918533 / 9780321918536 Keys to Community College Success
MyStudentSuccessLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Format: Alternate Binding
This publication is not currently for sale.