Keys to Success Brief unlocks every student's potential to succeed in college, career, and life by challenging them to realize, "It’s not just what you know…it’s what you know how to do."
Students will develop their goal-setting abilities by personalizing “best practice” tools and strategies for all topics covered. Keys’ focuses on building analytical, creative, and practical thinking skills. This “thinking skills” framework challenges students of all levels to question, evaluate, innovate, relate, and follow through - which is critical in class AND highly valued in a competitive 21st century workplace where one must maximize strengths and bolster weaknesses. When students build the skills that will help them get where they want to go in college and beyond, they will be more motivated to retain and APPLY what they learn. Revision highlights include Social Media integration, 21st Century Skills coverage, stronger memory and learning coverage, updated financial literacy material, and much more.
Table of Contents
Quick Start to College: Helpful Information and Advice as You Begin
1. Welcome to College: Growing Toward Success
2. Values, Goals, and Time: Managing Yourself
3. Diversity and Communication: How You Learn and Communicate
4. Critical, Creative, and Practical Thinking: Solving Problems and Making Decisions
5. Reading and Information Literacy: Learning from Print and Online Materials
6. Listening and Note Taking Taking In, Recording, and Remembering Information
7. Memory and Studying: Retaining What You Know
8. Test Taking: Showing What You Know
9. Wellness, Money, and Careers: Building a Successful Future
Appendix: Social Networking and Media
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-278272-2
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85709-5