As part of the Keys to Success series, this chapter-sized segment provides success strategies specific to students for whom English is not a first language, to meet English language learners’ needs and circumstances.
Keys to Success for English Language Learners is a concise and focused one-chapter-sized segment that validates and supports the particular needs of students for whom English is not a first language, whether they are identified as ESL (English as a Second Language), ELL (English Language Learner), LEP (Limited English Proficiency), or other student classifications. Students who are learning English have the challenge of language on top of the task of learning college-level material. In addition to providing support for the aspects of learning English while in college, this resource emphasizes the strengths and benefits these students have and can use, helping to combat the uncertainty and low self-esteem such students often experience. Cultural adjustment and success beyond graduation is also addressed. These materials are designed to increase the engagement and retention of the English language learner, benefiting learners as well as institutions.
Table of Contents
Keys to Success for English Language Learners helps students:
- Understand the benefits and challenges of speaking more than one language
- Use resources to improve English skills and get used to American culture
- Work toward academic success while learning English
- Meet people and adjust to the social environment
- Prepare for success after graduation
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321914576
Includes this title packaged with:
- Career Tool Kit, The: Skills for Success, 4th Edition
Carol J. Carter, Gary Izumo
$91.47 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780321911650
Includes this title packaged with:
- Keys to Effective Learning: Study Skills and Habits for Success, 6th Edition
Carol J. Carter, Joyce Bishop, Sarah Lyman Kravits
$115.07 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$7.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-90327-3