Text only. This product does not include a MyFireKit Access Code Card. To purchase the text with a MyFireKit Access Code Card, please use ISBN: 0-13-283000-0
Taking the reader from the beginning stages of a fire investigation in evidence collection and evaluating a fire scene to the end stages of report writing and giving testimony, internationally recognized forensic scientist John DeHaan is joined by forensic fire engineering expert David Icove for the 7th edition of Kirk’s Fire Investigation. The model curriculum of the Fire Emergency Service Higher Education (FESHE) group serves as a basis for this important text which provides updated and expanded information on fire dynamics, ignition as well as brand new case examples. With appendices unique in content and focus including an Evidence Collection Kit and Incident Report Forms, this text serves as the keystone text in the field for both seasoned fire investigators as well as fire service professionals seeking the fundamentals and the most up-to-date information for the field of fire investigation.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction (Sample Chapter)
2. The Elementary Chemistry of Combustion
3. Fundamentals of Fire Behavior and Building Construction
4. Combustion Properties of Liquid and Gaseous Fuels
5. Combustion Properties of Solid Fuels
6. Sources of Ignition
7. Structure Fires and their Investigation
8. Grass and Wildland Fires and their Investigation
9. Automobile, Other Motor Vehicle, and Ship Fires
10. Electrical Causes of Fires
11. Clothing and Fabric Fires
12. Explosions and Explosive Combustion
13. Chemical Fires and and Hazardous Materials
14. Laboratory Services
15. Fire-Related Deaths and Injuries
16. Arson as a Crime
17. Other Investigative Topics
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$10.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508308-6
$22.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508264-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$54.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300403-8