Text only. This product does not include a MyFireKit Access Code Card. To purchase the text with a MyFireKit Access Code Card, please use ISBN: 0-13-283000-0
Taking the reader from the beginning stages of a fire investigation in evidence collection and evaluating a fire scene to the end stages of report writing and giving testimony, internationally recognized forensic scientist John DeHaan is joined by forensic fire engineering expert David Icove for the 7th edition of Kirk’s Fire Investigation. The model curriculum of the Fire Emergency Service Higher Education (FESHE) group serves as a basis for this important text which provides updated and expanded information on fire dynamics, ignition as well as brand new case examples. With appendices unique in content and focus including an Evidence Collection Kit and Incident Report Forms, this text serves as the keystone text in the field for both seasoned fire investigators as well as fire service professionals seeking the fundamentals and the most up-to-date information for the field of fire investigation.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction (Sample Chapter)
2. The Elementary Chemistry of Combustion
3. Fundamentals of Fire Behavior and Building Construction
4. Combustion Properties of Liquid and Gaseous Fuels
5. Combustion Properties of Solid Fuels
6. Sources of Ignition
7. Structure Fires and their Investigation
8. Grass and Wildland Fires and their Investigation
9. Automobile, Other Motor Vehicle, and Ship Fires
10. Electrical Causes of Fires
11. Clothing and Fabric Fires
12. Explosions and Explosive Combustion
13. Chemical Fires and and Hazardous Materials
14. Laboratory Services
15. Fire-Related Deaths and Injuries
16. Arson as a Crime
17. Other Investigative Topics
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$10.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508308-6
$22.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508264-5
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$44.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508309-3