Organized into 17 chapters with completely updated color photographs and accompanied by supporting appendices, this seventh edition, written to the FESHE curriculum, instructs the reader on the skills needed in fire investigation, delving into topics such as fire-related deaths and injuries, fire behavior and sources of ignition. This best-selling text presents a broad-based look at the entire fire investigation process, from evaluating a fire scene to writing reports and providing testimony. The seventh edition has been updated to include revised material on ignition, fire dynamics, and case examples while showcasing a multitude of latest research, new photographs and artwork.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction (Sample Chapter)
2. The Elementary Chemistry of Combustion
3. Fundamentals of Fire Behavior and Building Construction
4. Combustion Properties of Liquid and Gaseous Fuels
5. Combustion Properties of Solid Fuels
6. Sources of Ignition
7. Structure Fires and their Investigation
8. Grass and Wildland Fires and their Investigation
9. Automobile, Other Motor Vehicle, and Ship Fires
10. Electrical Causes of Fires
11. Clothing and Fabric Fires
12. Explosions and Explosive Combustion
13. Chemical Fires and and Hazardous Materials
14. Laboratory Services
15. Fire-Related Deaths and Injuries
16. Arson as a Crime
17. Other Investigative Topics
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Kirk's Fire Investigation, CourseSmart eTextbook, 7th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$42.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-508309-3