ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
--For Introductory Geology courses
This user-friendly, best-selling lab manual examines the basic processes of geology and their applications to everyday life. Featuring contributions from over 170 highly regarded geologists and geoscience educators, along with an exceptional illustration program by Dennis Tasa, Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology, Tenth Edition offers an inquiry and activities-based approach that builds skills and gives students a more complete learning experience in the lab. The text is available with MasteringGeology™; the Mastering platform is the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences.
0321944526 / 9780321944528
Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology Plus MasteringGeology with eText -- Access Card Package, 10/e
Package consists of:
0321944518 / 9780321944511 Laboratory Manual in Physical Geology, 10/e
Table of Contents
Laboratory 1: Thinking Like a Geologist
Laboratory 2: Plate Tectonics and the Origin or Magma
Laboratory 3: Mineral Properties, Uses, and Identification
Laboratory 4: Exploring Rocks and a Rock Cycle Model
Laboratory 5: Igneous Rocks and Volcanic Hazards
Laboratory 6: Sedimentary Rocks, Processes, and Environments
Laboratory 7: Metamorphic Rocks, Processes, and Resources
Laboratory 8: Dating of Rocks, Fossils, and Geologic Events
Laboratory 9: Topographic Maps and Aerial Photographs
Laboratory 10: Geologic Structures, Maps, and Block Diagrams
Laboratory 11: Stream Processes, Landscapes, Mass Wastage, and Flood Hazards
Laboratory 12: Groundwater Processes, Resources, and Risks
Laboratory 13: Glacial Processes, Landforms, and Indicators of Climate Change
Laboratory 14: Dryland Landforms, Hazards, and Risks
Laboratory 15: Coastal Processes, Landforms, Hazards, and Risks
Laboratory 16: Earthquake Hazards and Human Risks
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$74.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-97246-0
$43.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95818-1
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$43.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95817-4