This text is more than an introductory look at language disorders. It goes beyond basic concepts and basic definitions to teach students how to analyze, synthesize, evaluate, and link the information they are learning. It offers readers opportunities for higher-order learning, while preparing students to become careful evaluators of information, as well as adept problem solvers. Organized by disorder groups and theme, Language Disorders in Children, 2/e helps students easily make connections between theoretical information and clinical practice through a number of thoughtful features such as case histories, clinical decision trees, and hot topic discussions. It’s an approach that meets the needs of today’s students to learn lifetime critical thinking skills, to see relationships between isolated ideas and facts, and to think like a speech-language pathologist.
Table of Contents
The Foundations of Language and Clinical Practice
Language Theory and the Communication Subdomains
Assessment of Language Disorders
Decision Making in Assessment and Intervention
Principles of Intervention
Children with Specific Language Impairment
Children with Hearing Loss
Children with Intellectual Disability
Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Early Literacy, Reading, and Writing for School-Age Children
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and Children with Language Disorders
A Tutorial: The Meaning of Standard Scores
Language Sample Analysis Worksheet
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$72.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-374546-7