Law and Ethics in Educational Leadership, 2/e presents a real-world, problem-based approach that shows leadership candidates how to apply the legal knowledge, ethical dispositions, and other skills necessary to become successful school leaders. In a user-friendly, coherent approach to the study of legal issues the author shows how changes in law and society impact decision-making, and how to apply ethical frameworks to their own future decision-making. Included are numerous opportunities to analyze, evaluate, and synthesize legal knowledge and ethical frameworks to begin thinking like school leaders. Illustrative case studies show readers the ambiguity presented by many problems they will face as school leaders and encourage them to analyze the circumstances surrounding the dilemma and respond appropriately.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 2: Legal Bodies Governing Education
CHAPTER 3: Education, Religion, and Community Values
CHAPTER 4: Student Privacy and First Amendment Rights
CHAPTER 5: Due Process and Safe Schools
CHAPTER 6: Student Search
CHAPTER 7: Equal Protection
CHAPTER 8: Children with Disabilities
CHAPTER 9: Tort Liability
CHAPTER 10: Teacher Employment, Supervision, and Collective Bargaining
CHAPTER 11: Teacher Constitutional Law
CHAPTER 12: Computers and the Internet
CHAPTER 13: Law, Ethics, and Educational Leadership: Making the Connection
APPENDIX A: Amendments to the Constitution of the United States of America
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$45.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307228-0