For all courses in leadership or management in nursing.
This completely revised text offers a current perspective on leadership and management in nursing, and gives nurses a thorough understanding of what it takes to lead in delivering quality health care. The Second Edition reflects the Institute of Medicine’s influential framework, emphasizing five core competencies: providing patient-centered care; working in interdisciplinary teams; employing evidence-based practice; applying quality improvement; and utilizing informatics. Updated throughout, it contains a new chapter on evidence-based practice and management; expanded coverage of quality improvement; new Evidence for Effective Leadership and Management features; innovative “Application to Your Unit” features; coverage of healthcare reform; expanded activities and resources; improved and streamlined organization; an integrated and expanded glossary; and much more.
Table of Contents
SECTION I: BASIC LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS
1. Conceptual Base for Leadership and Management
2. Health Care Policy, Legal Issues, and Ethics in Health Care Delivery
3. Change and Decision Making
4. Organizational Structure for Effective Care
5. Health Care Financial Issues
6. Acute Care Organizations: An Example of a Health Care Organization
SECTION II: CORE COMPETENCIES
7. Managing Patient-Centered Care
8. Diversity and Disparities in Health Care
9. Recruitment and Retention: Meeting Staffing Requirements
10. Consumers and Nurses
11. Interdisciplinary and Intradisciplinary Teamwork
12. Improving Teamwork: Collaboration, Coordination, and Conflict Resolution
13. Effective Staff Communication and Working Relationships
14. Delegation for Effective Outcomes
15. Evidence-Based Practice and Management
16. Health Care Quality: A Critical Health Policy Issue
17. Implementing Health Care Quality Improvement
18. Technology and Health Care
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$36.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-237331-9