For courses in Police Leadership, Administration, Management, Ethics and Supervision.
From street cop to chief, this guide develops a wide-range of ethical leadership skills applicable to all police ranks. Moving beyond incident-driven techniques, the book embraces problem-oriented, intelligence-led policing and integrates both ethics and leadership concepts. This edition includes two new chapters to address today’s environment–one on Homeland Security and one on strategic policing. New case studies, examples and applications appear throughout the text and help officers develop essential ethical leadership competencies.
Table of Contents
1. The Challenge of Modern Policing
2. The Importance of Ethical Leadership
3. Concepts and Dynamics of Leadership
4. Ethics, Morality, and Leadership
5. Policing and Professional Conduct
6. Communication: Key to Interpersonal Relations
7. Motivation: Key to Personal and Professional Success
8. Ethical Decision Making and Problem Solving
9. Planning, Organization, Implementation, and Evaluation
10. Ethical Leadership in the Context of Policing a Community
11. Policing and Homeland Security
12. Strategic Policing
13. The Vision for Change
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Leadership, Ethics and Policing, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$NaN | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-607188-4