One of the most up-to-date, research-based methods books available today, Learning and Teaching: Research-Based Methods has two specific goals: to change how teachers think about teaching and to change how they actually teach. Solidly grounded in research, the sixth edition describes effective teaching strategies for all P-12 students in a clear, accessible manner, with numerous case examples, and offers suggestions for applying those methods in today's diverse school environments. Kauchak and Eggen organize their discussion around three important themes in education: diversity, motivation, and technology.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Learning to Teach
Chapter 2: Student Diversity
Chapter 3: Creating Productive Learning Environments: Classroom Management
Chapter 4: Planning For Learning
Chapter 5: Effective Teaching
Chapter 6: Increasing Learning through Student Involvement
Chapter 7: Teaching and Learning in Groups
Chapter 8: Direct Instruction
Chapter 9: Lecture Discussions: Interactive Instruction to Promote Learning
Chapter 10: Guided Discovery
Chapter 11: Problem-Based Instruction
Chapter 12: Differentiating Instruction
Chapter 13: Assessing Learning
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$75.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299929-8