NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version
This popular text promotes a learner-centered approach to teaching elementary and middle school mathematics. It provides valuable research-based instructional strategies, resources, and activities to help teachers evaluate how children think mathematically and how to link that knowledge to developmentally appropriate teaching practice. With its strong focus on Common Core Standards and analyzing children’s work to meet the individual needs of students, the book helps ensure that all students and teachers can be successful with math. The new edition features integration of the Common Core State Standards throughout, new examples of children’s work, updated internet links, expanded videos of children and classrooms, expanded “In Practice” features, and updated research on mathematics teaching and learning. It is available as an e-book. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video, additional student work samples, and links to related content on the web.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133783782 / 9780133783780 Learning Mathematics in Elementary and Middle School: A Learner-Centered Approach, Loose-Leaf Version with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 013351921X / 9780133519211 Learning Mathematics in Elementary and Middle School: A Learner-Centered Approach, Loose-Leaf Version
- 0133824691 / 9780133824698 Learning Mathematics in Elementary and Middle School: A Learner-Centered Approach, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
1 Teaching Mathematics: Influences and Directions
2 Learning and Teaching Mathematics
3 Developing Mathematical Thinking and Problem-Solving Ability
4 Assessing Mathematics Understanding
5 Developing Number Concepts
6 Developing Understanding of Numeration
7 Developing Whole-Number Operations: Meaning of Operations
8 Developing Whole-Number Operations: Mastering the Basic Facts
9 Estimation and Computational Procedures for Whole Numbers
10 Developing Fraction Concepts
11 Developing Fraction Computation
12 Developing Decimal Concepts and Computation
13 Understanding Ratio, Proportion, and Percent
14 Developing Geometric Thinking and Spatial Sense
15 Developing Measurement Concepts and Skills
16 Collecting, Organizing, and Interpreting Data
17 Developing Algebraic Thinking
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$53.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-356268-2