Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing, Fifth Edition, covers the basics of legal research, analysis, and writing, bringing together all the essential knowledge and tools students need to research and analyze a legal problem and communicate the results in diverse forms of legal memoranda. The text’s teaching and learning resources include an Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint lecture slides, and Test Bank.
Teaching and Learning Experience:
- Offers fully integrated coverage of legal research, legal analysis and legal writing.
- Provides many highly realistic research and writing exercises, as well as tools designed to help students become more effective writers.
- Features throughout the text help students take away key legal terms, skills, and concepts.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Legal Research, Writing and Analysis
2. The Starting Point: Analyzing Facts and Identifying Legal Issues
3. Finding and Analyzing Case Law
4. How to Read and Summarize a Case
5. Constitutions, Statutes, and Administrative Regulations
6. Statutory and Constitutional Analysis
7. Secondary Sources
9. Validating Your Research: Using Shepards, Keycite and other Citators
10. Computer-Assisted Legal Research (CALR): Lexis, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law
11. Computer-Assisted Legal Research (CALR): The Freely Accessible Internet
12. Basic Legal Writing Skills
13. The Memorandum of Law: Predictive Legal Writing
14. Writing to the Court: Persuasive Writing
15. Motion Practice: Research and Writing Issues
16. Legal Correspondence
Appendix A: Research Case Files
Appendix B: Research and Writing Problems Based on Short Stated Fact Patterns
Appendix C: Basic Citation Reference Guide
Appendix D: Research Strategies: An Overview
Appendix E: Defendants’ Joint Memorandum of Points and Authorities in Opposition to Plaintiff’s Motion for Preliminary Injunction: Initial Research Memoranda
Appendix F: Appellate Brief
Appendix G: Case Briefing Practice
Appendix H: Supplemental Cases
Appendix I: Answer Key to Test Yourself
Appendix J: U.S. Court System
$70.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-374140-7
$172.80 $165.46 |
Free Ground Shipping.