For Literacy in Early Childhood or Early Childhood Reading Methods courses.
Let's Begin Reading Right: A Developmental Approach to Emergent Literacy, sixth edition, takes a constructivist, developmental approach to emergent literacy for infants to 8-year olds. This revision includes new introductory chapters that cover current issues (NCLB, standards) about emergent literacy, new features "Maintaining Developmentally Appropriate Practice in a No Child Left Behind World" and "Home-School Connection", and expanded coverage of working with English language learners. It includes chapters and discussions on oral language development, reading, writing, setting up classrooms for literacy activities, how to select and read children's literature, how to assess literacy development, and how to select teaching resources.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding How Children Learn.
2. Understanding How Literacy Emerges.
3. Emergent Literacy Develops through Play and Experiences.
4. Emergent Literacy Develops through Oral Language and Story.
5. Assisting Emergent Readers.
6. Creating a Classroom for Readers.
7. Assisting Emergent Writers.
8. Supporting Independent Writers.
9. Assessing Growth in Literacy.
10. Selecting Early Literacy Teaching Resources.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$37.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501144-7