NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab or Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyLab Education.
The Life Span: Human Development for Helping Professionals, 5th Edition, provides an in-depth look at the science of human development, highlighting theories and research that have useful applications for individuals working in fields such as education, counseling, and social work. The main purpose of this book is to provide the reader with information that can be translated into professional best practice applications. Throughout, the text reflects the contemporary view that life span development is a process deeply embedded within and inseparable from the context of family, social network, and culture.
Because the book is designed for graduate students, most topics, especially those that have special relevance to helping professionals, are covered in greater depth than in a typical life span text. The expanded coverage of research in these areas will enhance readers’ understanding of the scientific basis for application to practice.
Personalize learning with MyLab Education
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Education gives helping professionals opportunities to apply theory to practice – better preparing them for success in their future classrooms.
0135205921 / 9780135205921 The Life Span: Human Development for Helping Professionals Plus MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 5e
Package consists of:
- 0135208688 / 9780135208687 MyLab Education with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for The Life Span: Human Development for Helping Professionals, 5/e
- 0135227763 / 9780135227763 The Life Span: Human Development for Helping Professionals, 5e
Table of Contents
- Organizing Themes in Development
- Epigenesis and the Brain: The Fundamentals of Behavioral Development
- Cognitive Development in the Early Years
- Emotional Development in the Early Years
- The Emerging Self and Socialization in the Early Years
- Realms of Cognition in Middle Childhood
- Self and Moral Development: Middle Childhood Through Early Adolescence
- Gender and Peer Relationships: Middle Childhood Through Early Adolescence
- Physical, Cognitive and Identity Development in Adolescence
- The Social World of Adolescence
- Physical, Cognitive and Development in Young Adulthood
- Socioemotional and Vocational Development in Young Adulthood
- Middle Adulthood: Cognitive, Personality, and Social Development
- Living Well: Stress, Coping, and Life Satisfaction in Adulthood
- Gains and Losses in Late Adulthood
Appendix: A Practitioner’s Guide to Psychological Science
Add to Cart
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-520617-1
Digital + Print
Add to Cart
$99.99 $79.99 |
Free Ground Shipping.
Add to Cart
$93.32 $74.66 |