For undergraduate courses in Human Development / Lifespan Development.
Provides strong applications, and integrated learning objectives and assessment. Students who want to know "What does current research say?" and "Why is this important?" will appreciate both the applied nature of this text and the clarity and rigor of the authors' presentation of current research. An exceptional pedagogical package that ties the textbook to online MyDevelopmentLab study tools complements the student-centered approach of the book and offers students the benefit of frequent self-assessment.
Available with MyDevelopmentLab! www.pearsonhighered.com/newmylabs
MyDevelopmentLab (www.mydevelopmentlab.com) includes MyVirtualChild, an interactive simulation which allows students to raise their own virtual child and see how their parenting decisions along with other factors influence the development of their virtual child. Click here for a brief overview of MyVirtualChild: www.youtube.com/pearsonpsych. Class Prep is included in MyDevelopmentLab for instructors. Click here for a brief overview of Class Prep: http://media.pearsoncmg.com/searchtooltutorials/
Table of Contents
1. Basic Concepts and Methods.
2. Theories of Development.
3. Prenatal Development and Birth.
4. Physical, Sensory, and Perceptual Development in Infancy.
5. Cognitive Development in Infancy.
6. Social and Personality Development in Infancy.
III. EARLY CHILDHOOD.
7. Physical and Cognitive Development in Early Childhood.
8. Social and Personality Development in Early Childhood.
IV. MIDDLE CHILDHOOD.
9. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood.
10. Social and Personality Development in Middle Childhood.
11. Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence.
12. Social and Personality Development in Adolescence.
VI. EARLY ADULTHOOD.
13. Physical and Cognitive Development in Early Adulthood.
14. Social and Personality Development in Early Adulthood.
VII. MIDDLE ADULTHOOD
15. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Adulthood.
16. Social and Personality Development in Middle Adulthood.
VIII. LATE ADULTHOOD AND THE END OF LIFE.
17. Physical and Cognitive Development in Late Adulthood.
18. Social and Personality Development in Late Adulthood.
19. Death, Dying, and Bereavement.
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Lifespan Development, 7th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$75.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-04916-5
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-09776-0