NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version
In Literacy in the Early Grades, 4/e, Gail Tompkins, long recognized as a leader in the field of literacy education, presents research-based, practical help for getting every child off to a successful start in literacy—and for helping new and experienced teachers ensure they’re prepared to pass their licensure exams. The focus is exclusively on he developmental needs of children in Pre-K through grade 4, and on the skills and strategies teachers need to guide them to become successful, fluent readers and writers. In it, teachers get research-based, practical directives supported by authentic student examples of sound literacy instruction and assessment, along with unsurpassed classroom applications in the form of authentic classroom vignettes, student work samples, mini lessons, assessment tools, video case studies, and a compendium of instructional procedures.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133831469 / 9780133831467 Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers, Loose-Leaf Version with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133564509 / 9780133564501 Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers, Loose-Leaf Version
- 0133825019 / 9780133825015 Literacy in the Early Grades: A Successful Start for PreK-4 Readers and Writers, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Becoming an Effective Teacher of Reading
Chapter 2: Examining Children’s Literacy Development
Chapter 3: Assessing Children’s Literacy Development
Chapter 4: Cracking the Alphabetic Code
Chapter 5: Learning to Spell
Chapter 6: Developing Fluent Readers and Writers
Chapter 7: Building Children’s Word Knowledge
Chapter 8: Facilitating Children’s Comprehension: Reader Factors
Chapter 9: Facilitating Children’s Comprehension: Text Factors
Chapter 10: Scaffolding Children’s Reading Development
Chapter 11: Scaffolding Children’s Writing Development
Chapter 12: Integrating Literacy Into Thematic Units
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$50.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-356454-9