Participate in your American government
Living Democracy, 2012 Election Edition uniquely asks students to participate in their learning and their government. Activities and features promote application of concepts outside of the classroom. This text shows students how government impacts their daily lives and how they can make a difference in that government. Living Democracy fulfills a need felt in every American government classroom–to engage students, to develop their understanding of government, and to make them active political participants.
This text features full integration with the New MyPoliSciLab. MyPoliSciLab includes a wide array of resources to encourage students to look at American politics like a political scientist and analyze current political issues. Political Explorer lets students play the role of a political scientist by investigating issues through interactive data. Core Concept videos discuss the big ideas in each chapter and apply them to key political issues. Simulations allow students to experience how political leaders make decisions.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning–The New MyPoliSciLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals. MyPoliSciLab is now compatible with BlackBoard!
- Engage Students–The stunning visual design engages students in the text.
- Improve Critical Thinking– Learning objectives in every chapter help students focus on important topics.
- Analyze Current Events–Coverage of the 2012 elections keeps the study of politics relevant and shows how political scientists look at the development of the American political system.
- Support Instructors– A full supplements package including the Class Preparation Tool in the New MyPoliSciLab is available.
0205950078 / 9780205950072 Living Democracy Plus 2012 Election Edition, NEW MyPoliSciLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205883907 / 9780205883905 Living Democracy, 2012 Election
0205949975 / 9780205949977 NEW MyPoliSciLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: American Government: Democracy in Action
Chapter 2: Early Governance and the Constitutional Framework
Chapter 3: Federalism
Chapter 4: Civil Liberties
Chapter 5: Civil Rights
Chapter 6: Congress
Chapter 7: The Presidency
Chapter 8: Bureaucracy
Chapter 9: The Judiciary
Chapter 10: Political Socialization and Public Opinion
Chapter 11: The Politics of the Media
Chapter 12: Interest Groups and Civic and Political Engagement
Chapter 13: Elections and Political Parties in America
Chapter 14: The Policy Process and Economic Policy
Chapter 15: Foreign and National Security Policy
Chapter 16: The Social and Economic Milieu of Texas Politics
Chapter 17: The Texas Constitution
Chapter 18: Texas Government and Politics in the Federal System
Chapter 19: Interest Groups and Political Power in Texas
Chapter 20: The Mass Media in Texas Politics
Chapter 21: The Party System in Texas
Chapter 22: Elections, Campaigns, and Political Behavior in Texas
Chapter 23: The Texas Legislature
Chapter 24: The Texas Executive
Chapter 25: The Texas Bureaucracy and Policy Implementation
Chapter 26: The Judicial System in Texas
Chapter 27: Local Government in Texas
Chapter 28: Contemporary Public Policy Issue in Texas
Format: Pearson Custom Library Content
This publication is not currently for sale.