This book is intended for the intermediate macroeconomics course. This book is also suitable for all readers interested in the field of macroeconomics.
Abel, Bernanke, and Croushore present macroeconomic theory in a way that prepares students to analyze real macroeconomic data used by policy makers and researchers. With a balanced treatment of both classical and Keynesian economics, the comprehensive coverage makes it easy for instructors to align chapters to fit their own syllabi.
Students in this course often struggle to see how the macroeconomic models compare to one another, and fit into the big picture. This text uses a unified approach based on a single economics model that provides students with a clear understanding of macroeconomics and its classical and Keynesian assumptions.
The main objective of the eighth edition is to keep the book fresh and up-to-date, especially in light of the recent crises in the United States and Europe and many new tools used by the Federal Reserve in response to the crisis. To reflect recent events and developments in the field, revisions have been made throughout the text, and additional new applications, boxes, and problems are included.
Note: this is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below: MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor
0133407926 / 9780133407921 Macroeconomics Plus NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0132992280 / 9780132992282 Macroeconomics
0132993325 / 9780132993326 NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Macroeconomics
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Macroeconomics
2. The Measurement and Structure of the National Economy
II. LONG-RUN ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE
3. Productivity, Output, and Employment
4. Consumption, Saving, and Investment
5. Saving and Investment in the Open Economy
6. Long-Run Economic Growth
7. The Asset Market, Money, and Prices
III. BUSINESS CYCLES AND MACROECONOMIC POLICY
8. Business Cycles
9. The IS–LM/AD–AS Model: A General Framework for Macroeconomic Analysis
10. Classical Business Cycle Analysis: Market-Clearing Macroeconomics
11. Keynesianism: The Macroeconomics of Wage and Price Rigidity
IV. MACROECONOMIC POLICY: ITS ENVIRONMENT AND INSTITUTIONS
12. Unemployment and Inflation
13. Exchange Rates, Business Cycles, and Macroeconomic Policy in the Open Economy
14. Monetary Policy and the Federal Reserve System
15. Government Spending and Its Financing
Appendix A: Some Useful Analytical Tools
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Macroeconomics, 9th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$119.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299339-5
$65.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299342-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$190.87 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299377-7