This book is intended for the intermediate macroeconomics course. This book is also suitable for all readers interested in the field of macroeconomics.
Abel, Bernanke, and Croushore present macroeconomic theory in a way that prepares students to analyze real macroeconomic data used by policy makers and researchers. With a balanced treatment of both classical and Keynesian economics, the comprehensive coverage makes it easy for instructors to align chapters to fit their own syllabi.
Students in this course often struggle to see how the macroeconomic models compare to one another, and fit into the big picture. This text uses a unified approach based on a single economics model that provides students with a clear understanding of macroeconomics and its classical and Keynesian assumptions.
The main objective of the eighth edition is to keep the book fresh and up-to-date, especially in light of the recent crises in the United States and Europe and many new tools used by the Federal Reserve in response to the crisis. To reflect recent events and developments in the field, revisions have been made throughout the text, and additional new applications, boxes, and problems are included.
Note: this is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below: MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor
0133407926 / 9780133407921 Macroeconomics Plus NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0132992280 / 9780132992282 Macroeconomics
0132993325 / 9780132993326 NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Macroeconomics
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Macroeconomics
2. The Measurement and Structure of the National Economy
II. LONG-RUN ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE
3. Productivity, Output, and Employment
4. Consumption, Saving, and Investment
5. Saving and Investment in the Open Economy
6. Long-Run Economic Growth
7. The Asset Market, Money, and Prices
III. BUSINESS CYCLES AND MACROECONOMIC POLICY
8. Business Cycles
9. The IS–LM/AD–AS Model: A General Framework for Macroeconomic Analysis
10. Classical Business Cycle Analysis: Market-Clearing Macroeconomics
11. Keynesianism: The Macroeconomics of Wage and Price Rigidity
IV. MACROECONOMIC POLICY: ITS ENVIRONMENT AND INSTITUTIONS
12. Unemployment and Inflation
13. Exchange Rates, Business Cycles, and Macroeconomic Policy in the Open Economy
14. Monetary Policy and the Federal Reserve System
15. Government Spending and Its Financing
Appendix A: Some Useful Analytical Tools
$65.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299342-5
$119.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299339-5