Make the link between theory and real-world easier with the most up-to-date Intermediate Macroeconomics text on the market today!
Hubbard, O'Brien, and Rafferty realize that most students enrolled in today's intermediate macroeconomics courses are either undergraduate or masters students who are likely to become entrepreneurs, managers, bankers, stock brokers, accountants, lawyers, or government officials. Very few students will pursue a Ph.D. in economics. Given this student profile, Hubbard, O'Brien, and Rafferty's text presents Intermediate Macroeconomics in the context of contemporary events, policy, and business with an integrated explanation of today's financial crisis. Student and instructor feedback tells us that Hubbard, O'Brien, and Rafferty helps make the link between theory and real-world easier for students!
Available with the award-winning MyEconLab and grouped by Learning Objectives!
MyEconLab is a powerful assessment and tutorial system that works hand-in-hand with Intermediate Macroeconomics. MyEconLab includes comprehensive homework, quiz, test, and tutorial options, where instructors can manage all assessment needs in one program!
Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text (ISBN: 0132992795) or electronic version, MyEconLab does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MyEconLab, please visit: www.myeconlab.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MyEconLab by searching the Pearson Higher Education web site. MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
1. The Long and Short of Macroeconomics
2. Measuring the Macroeconomy
3. The U.S. Financial System
4. The Global Financial System
5. The Standard of Living over Time and Across Countries
6. Long-Run Economic Growth
7. Money and Inflation
8. The Labor Market
9. Business Cycles
10. Explaining Aggregate Demand: The IS—MP Model
11. The IS—MP Model: Adding Inflation and the Open Economy
12. Monetary Policy in the Short Run
13. Fiscal Policy in the Short Run
14. Aggregate Demand, Aggregate Supply, and Monetary Policy
15. Fiscal Policy and the Government Budget in the Long Run
16. Consumption and Investment
$65.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299336-4
$119.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299328-9
Digital + Print
$206.20 $197.44 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340505-7 $192.87 $184.67 |