Make the link between theory and real-world easier with the most up-to-date Intermediate Macroeconomics text on the market today!
Hubbard, O'Brien, and Rafferty realize that most students enrolled in today's intermediate macroeconomics courses are either undergraduate or masters students who are likely to become entrepreneurs, managers, bankers, stock brokers, accountants, lawyers, or government officials. Very few students will pursue a Ph.D. in economics. Given this student profile, Hubbard, O'Brien, and Rafferty's text presents Intermediate Macroeconomics in the context of contemporary events, policy, and business with an integrated explanation of today's financial crisis. Student and instructor feedback tells us that Hubbard, O'Brien, and Rafferty helps make the link between theory and real-world easier for students!
Available with the award-winning MyEconLab and grouped by Learning Objectives!
MyEconLab is a powerful assessment and tutorial system that works hand-in-hand with Intermediate Macroeconomics. MyEconLab includes comprehensive homework, quiz, test, and tutorial options, where instructors can manage all assessment needs in one program!
Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text (ISBN: 0132992795) or electronic version, MyEconLab does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MyEconLab, please visit: www.myeconlab.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MyEconLab by searching the Pearson Higher Education web site. MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
1. The Long and Short of Macroeconomics
2. Measuring the Macroeconomy
3. The U.S. Financial System
4. The Global Financial System
5. The Standard of Living over Time and Across Countries
6. Long-Run Economic Growth
7. Money and Inflation
8. The Labor Market
9. Business Cycles
10. Explaining Aggregate Demand: The IS—MP Model
11. The IS—MP Model: Adding Inflation and the Open Economy
12. Monetary Policy in the Short Run
13. Fiscal Policy in the Short Run
14. Aggregate Demand, Aggregate Supply, and Monetary Policy
15. Fiscal Policy and the Government Budget in the Long Run
16. Consumption and Investment
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$119.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299328-9
$65.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299336-4
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$190.87 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299504-7