For the principle of macroeconomics course. This book is also suitable for all readers interested in economics.
Thoroughly updated, stripped of technical detail where possible, extensively illustrated with well-chosen photographs, enlivened with new applications features that focus on issues at play in today’s world, responsive to the suggestions of reviewers and users, and seamlessly integrated with MyEconLab: These are the hallmarks of this eleventh edition of Macroeconomics.
Parkin brings critical issues to the forefront. Each chapter begins with one of today’s key issues, and additional issues appear throughout the chapter to show the real-world applications of the theory being discussed. When the chapter concludes, readers “read between the lines” to think critically about a news article relating to the issue, demonstrating how thinking like an economist can bring a clearer perspective to and deeper understanding of today’s events. Readers will begin to think about issues the way real economists do and learn how to explore difficult policy problems and make more informed decisions in their own economic lives.
Parkin is so committed to currency that he uploads news articles almost daily to MyEconLab®, the online assessment and tutorial system that accompanies the text. Assessment questions based on the Economics in the News articles are uploaded periodically so that instructors can assign recent articles within MyEconLab. Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text or electronic version, MyEconLab does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MyEconLab, please visit: www.myeconlab.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MyEconLab by searching the Pearson web site.¿ MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
1. What Is Economics?
2. The Economic Problem
3. Demand and Supply
II. MONITORING MACROECONOMIC PERFORMANCE
4. Measuring GDP and Economic Growth
5. Monitoring Jobs and Inflation
III. MACROECONOMIC TRENDS
6. Economic Growth
7. Finance, Saving, and Investment
8. Money, the Price Level, and Inflation
9. The Exchange Rate and the Balance of Payments
IV. MACROECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS
10. Aggregate Supply and Aggregate Demand
11. Expenditure Multipliers
12. Inflation, Unemployment, and the Business Cycle
V. MACROECONOMIC POLICY
13. Fiscal Policy
14. Monetary Policy
15. International Trade Policy
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$133.27 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Macroeconomics, 12th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$109.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-302277-3
$62.45 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-302529-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$173.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-298618-2