Blanchard presents a unified and global view of macroeconomics, enabling students to see the connections between the short-run, medium-run, and long-run.
From the major economic crisis to the budget deficits of the United States, the detailed boxes in this text have been updated to convey the life of macroeconomics today and reinforce the lessons from the models, making them more concrete and easier to grasp.
Table of Contents
Chapter 2. A Tour of the Book
Chapter 3. The Goods Market
Chapter 4. Financial Markets
Chapter 5. Goods and Financial Markets: The IS-LM Model
Chapter 6. The Labor Market
Chapter 7 Putting All Markets Together: The AS/AD Model
Chapter 8. The Phillips Curve, the Natural Rate of Unemployment, and Inflation
Chapter 9. The Crisis
Chapter 10. The Facts of Growth
Chapter 11. Saving, Capital Accumulation, and Output
Chapter 12. Technological Progress and Growth
Chapter 13. Technological Progress. The Short, the Medium, and the Long Run
Chapter 14. Expectations: The Basic Tools
Chapter 15. Financial Markets and Expectations
Chapter 16. Expectations, Consumption, and Investment
Chapter 17. Expectations, Output, and Policy
Chapter 18. Openness in Goods and Financial Markets
Chapter 19. The Goods Market in an Open Economy
Chapter 20. Output, the Interest Rate, and the Exchange Rate
Chapter 21. Exchange Rate Regimes
Chapter 22. Should Policy Makers be Restrained?
Chapter 23. Fiscal Policy: A Summing Up
Chapter 24. Monetary Policy: A Summing Up
Chapter 25. Epilogue: The Story of Macroeconomics
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$133.27 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$109.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307417-8
$62.45 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307418-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$188.93 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306170-3