A modern approach to macroeconomics.
Williamson’s Macroeconomics uses a thoroughly modern approach by showing students how to build macroeconomic models from microeconomic principles. This approach helps to make the text consistent with the way macroeconomic research is conducted today.
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION AND MEASUREMENT ISSUES
3. Business Cycle Measurement
II. A ONE-PERIOD MODEL OF THE MACROECONOMY
4. Consumer and Firm Behavior: The Work—Leisure Decision and Profit Maximization
5. A Closed-Economy One-Period Macroeconomic Model
6. Search and Unemployment
PART III. ECONOMIC GROWTH
7. Economic Growth: Malthus and Solow
8. Income Disparity Among Countries and Endogenous Growth
PART IV. SAVINGS, INVESTMENT, AND GOVERNMENT DEFICITS
9. A Two-Period Model: The Consumption—Savings Decision and Credit Markets
10. Credit Market Imperfections: Credit Frictions, Financial Crises, and Social Security
11. A Real Intertemporal Model with Investment
PART V. MONEY AND BUSINESS CYCLES
12. Money, Banking, Prices, and Monetary Policy
13. Business Cycle Models with Flexible Prices and Wages
14. New Keynesian Economics: Sticky Prices
PART VI. INTERNATIONAL MACROECONOMICS
15. International Trade in Goods and Assets
16. Money in the Open Economy
PART VII. MONEY, BANKING, AND INFLATION
17. Money, Inflation, and Banking
18. Inflation, the Phillips Curve, and Central Bank Commitment
Appendix Mathematical Appendix
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users