A modern approach to macroeconomics.
Williamson’s Macroeconomics uses a thoroughly modern approach by showing students how to build macroeconomic models from microeconomic principles. This approach helps to make the text consistent with the way macroeconomic research is conducted today.
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION AND MEASUREMENT ISSUES
3. Business Cycle Measurement
II. A ONE-PERIOD MODEL OF THE MACROECONOMY
4. Consumer and Firm Behavior: The Work—Leisure Decision and Profit Maximization
5. A Closed-Economy One-Period Macroeconomic Model
6. Search and Unemployment
PART III. ECONOMIC GROWTH
7. Economic Growth: Malthus and Solow
8. Income Disparity Among Countries and Endogenous Growth
PART IV. SAVINGS, INVESTMENT, AND GOVERNMENT DEFICITS
9. A Two-Period Model: The Consumption—Savings Decision and Credit Markets
10. Credit Market Imperfections: Credit Frictions, Financial Crises, and Social Security
11. A Real Intertemporal Model with Investment
PART V. MONEY AND BUSINESS CYCLES
12. Money, Banking, Prices, and Monetary Policy
13. Business Cycle Models with Flexible Prices and Wages
14. New Keynesian Economics: Sticky Prices
PART VI. INTERNATIONAL MACROECONOMICS
15. International Trade in Goods and Assets
16. Money in the Open Economy
PART VII. MONEY, BANKING, AND INFLATION
17. Money, Inflation, and Banking
18. Inflation, the Phillips Curve, and Central Bank Commitment
Appendix Mathematical Appendix
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Macroeconomics, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$108.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299278-7