Students in this course often struggle to see how the macroeconomic models compare to one another, and fit into the big picture. This text uses a unified approach based on a single economics model that provides students with a clear understanding of macroeconomics and its classical and Keynesian assumptions.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Macroeconomics
2. The Measurement and Structure of the National Economy
II. LONG-RUN ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE
3. Productivity, Output, and Employment
4. Consumption, Saving, and Investment
5. Saving and Investment in the Open Economy
6. Long-Run Economic Growth
7. The Asset Market, Money, and Prices
III. BUSINESS CYCLES AND MACROECONOMIC POLICY
8. Business Cycles
9. The IS–LM/AD–AS Model: A General Framework for Macroeconomic Analysis
10. Classical Business Cycle Analysis: Market-Clearing Macroeconomics
11. Keynesianism: The Macroeconomics of Wage and Price Rigidity
IV. MACROECONOMIC POLICY: ITS ENVIRONMENT AND INSTITUTIONS
12. Unemployment and Inflation
13. Exchange Rates, Business Cycles, and Macroeconomic Policy in the Open Economy
14. Monetary Policy and the Federal Reserve System
15. Government Spending and Its Financing
Appendix A: Some Useful Analytical Tools
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Macroeconomics, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$97.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299382-1