ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Reveal the relevance of economics through real-world business examples
One of the challenges of teaching Principles of Macroeconomics is fostering interest in concepts that may not seem applicable to students’ lives. Macroeconomics, Fifth Edition makes economics relevant by demonstrating how real businesses use economics to make decisions every day. Regardless of their future career path–opening an art studio, trading on Wall Street, or bartending at the local pub–students will benefit from understanding the economic forces behind their work.
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MyEconLab: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program fosters learning and provides tools that help instructors to keep students on track.
• Show students how economics is relevant: Relatable features ground course material in the real world, showing students how these ideas are relevant and facilitating understanding.
• Foster thorough understanding via a flexible, student-focused approach: An engaging, captivating writing style and student-friendly learning aids motivate and engage students.
This package contains:
• 0133455491 / 9780133455496: Macroeconomics, 5/e
• 0133456552 / 9780133456554: MyEconLab with Pearson eText Access Card for Macroeconomics, 5/e
Table of Contents
1. Economics: Foundations and Models
2. Trade-offs, Comparative Advantage, and the Market System
3. Where Prices Come From: The Interaction of Demand and Supply
4. Economic Efficiency, Government Price Setting, and Taxes
5. The Economics of Health Care
II. Firms in the Domestic and International Economies
6. Firms, the Stock Market, and Corporate Governance
7. Comparative Advantage and the Gains from International Trade
III. Macroeconomic Foundations and Long-Run Growth
8. GDP: Measuring Total Production and Income
9. Unemployment and Inflation
10. Economic Growth, the Financial System, and Business Cycles
11. Long-Run Economic Growth: Sources and Policies
IV. Short-Run Fluctuations
12. Aggregate Expenditure and Output in the Short Run
13. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply Analysis
V. Monetary and Fiscal Policy
14. Money, Banks, and the Federal Reserve System
15. Monetary Policy
16. Fiscal Policy
17. Inflation, Unemployment, and Federal Reserve Policy
VI. The International Economy
18. Macroeconomics in an Open Economy
19. The International Financial System
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$133.27 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$109.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345640-0
$62.45 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345641-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$181.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-382719-4
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$173.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-345551-9