Help students understand macroeconomics in theory as well as practice
Macroeconomics: Policy and Practice, Second Edition draws on the rich tapestry of recent economic events to help students understand the policy issues debated by the media and the public at large during these trying times. Building on his expertise in macroeconomic policy making at the Federal Reserve, author Frederic S. Mishkin provides detailed, step-by-step explanations of all models and highlights the techniques used by policy makers in practice. The Second Edition incorporates a wealth of new and updated content, as well as new tools and resources in MyEconLab that bring course material to life.
This text provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MyEconLab: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program engages students in learning and provides instructors tools to keep students on track.
• Enable students to connect theory to practice: An aggregate demand and supply model helps students understand theory, while numerous examples help them understand the applications of theory.
• Foster interest via engaging features and updated content: Updates that reflect the latest happenings in the world of economics and student-friendly in-text tools capture student interest.
• Teach your course your way: A flexible structure allows instructors to focus on the particular areas of macroeconomics that match their course goals.
Table of Contents
1. The Policy and Practice of Macroeconomics
2. Measuring Macroeconomic Data
II. Macroeconomic Basics
3. Aggregate Production and Productivity
4. Saving and Investment in Closed and Open Economies
5. Money and Inflation
III. Long-Run Economic Growth
6. The Sources of Growth and the Solow Model
7. Drivers of Growth: Technology, Policy, and Institutions
IV. Business Cycles: The Short Run
8. Business Cycles: An Introduction
9. The IS Curve
10. Monetary Policy and Aggregate Demand
11. Aggregate Supply and the Phillips Curve
12. The Aggregate Demand and Supply Model
13. Macroeconomic Policy and Aggregate Demand and Supply Analysis
V. Finance and the Macroeconomy
14. The Financial System and Economic Growth
15. Financial Crises and the Economy
VI. Macroeconomic Policy
16. Fiscal Policy and the Governmnt Budget
17. Exchange Rates and International Economic Policy
VII. Microeconomic Foundations of Macroeconomics
18. Consumption and Saving
20. The Labor Market, Employment, and Unemployment
VIII. Modern Business Cycle Analysis and Macroeconomic Policy
21. The Role of Expectations in Macroeconomic Policy
22. Modern Business Cycle Theory
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Macroeconomics: Policy and Practice, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$108.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-342442-3