Questions that drive interest, applications that illustrate concepts, and the tools to test and solidify comprehension.
Students come into their first Economics course thinking they will gain a better understanding of the economy around them. Unfortunately, they often leave with many unanswered questions. To ensure students actively internalize economics, O'Sullivan/Sheffrin/Perez use chapter-opening questions to spark interest on important economic concepts, applications that vividly illustrate those concepts, and chapter-ending tools that test and solidify understanding.
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION AND KEY PRINCIPLES
1. Introduction: What is Economics?
2. Key Principles of Economics
3. Exchange and Markets
4. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium
II. THE BASIC CONCEPTS IN MACROECONOMICS
5. Measuring a Nation’s Production and Income
6. Unemployment and Inflation
III. THE ECONOMY IN THE LONG RUN
7. The Economy at Full Employment
8. Why Do Economies Grow?
IV. ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS AND FISCAL POLICY
9. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
10. Fiscal Policy
11. The Income Expenditure Model
12. Investment and Financial Markets
V. MONEY, BANKING, AND MONETARY POLICY
13. Money and the Banking System
14. The Federal Reserve and Monetary Policy
VI. INFLATION, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND ECONOMIC POLICY
15. Modern Macroeconomics: From the Short Run to the Long Run
16. The Dynamics of Inflation and Unemployment
17. Macroeconomic Policy Debates
VII. THE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY
18. International Trade and Public Policy
19. The World of International Finance
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Macroeconomics: Principles, Applications, and Tools, 9th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$115.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297537-7
$65.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297529-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$175.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-295081-7