ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For First Year Experience, Student Success, Introduction to College courses, as well as a companion to ‘Intro’ courses such as English, Composition, Speech Communications, and Business.
This book takes a human resource development approach to college success to guide students to take charge of their education and perform at the highest of levels.
Make College Work for You challenges students to become strategic, self-disciplined learners who develop college success and behavioral skills through effective communication and clear reasoning that reinforce ongoing growth toward well situated careers and lives. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Strategic, Self-disciplined Learning
Make College Work for You is a guidebook, a roadmap, a primer to help college students learn how to develop and practice the skill sets and discipline needed for success in class, extracurricular activities, and jobs. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· Academic Excellence: Practice and achieve excellence in academic learning, through grit, in-class performance, effective study habits, and intential selection of programs and courses.
· Skill Set Development: Learn and hone marketable abilities: communication skills, critical and creative thinking, teamwork and leadership, networking and mentoring, and wellness management.
· Experiential Learning: Discover and build crucial skills and character development through hands-on volunteerism, apprenticeship, and leadership roles on campus and in the larger community.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access code order the ISBN below:
0321952286 / 9780321952288 Make College Work for You Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0321908937 / 9780321908933 Make College Work for You
0321943252 / 9780321943255 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Valuepack Access Card
Table of Contents
Chapter One: Daily Habits for Success: Fitness and Wellness
Chapter Two: Class Performance for Success: Preparation and Participation
Chapter Three: Academic Skills for Success: Getting the GPA You Want
Chapter Four: Strategic Credentialing for Success: Majors, Minors, Skill Sets
Chapter Five: Communication Skills for Success: Oral, Written, Digital
Chapter Six: Campus Activity for Success: Clubs, The Arts, Athletics
Chapter Seven: Off-Campus Endeavors for Success: Internships, Jobs, Volunteerism
Chapter Eight: Networking and Mentoring for Success: Teamwork, Leadership, Strategic Relationships
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Make College Work for You Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab Update -- Access Card Package as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$35.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
$48.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99741-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users