Gain inside insight to help team leaders and team members maximize their success in business.
Making the Team: A Guide for Managers combines cutting-edge theory with the latest research and real-world applications in order to help team leaders and team members succeed in the business world.
Every chapter of this edition contains new information, new research, updated examples, and more.
Table of Contents
PART I. THE BASICS OF TEAMWORK
1. Teams in Organizations: Facts and Myths
2. Performance and Productivity: Team Performance Criteria and Threats to Productivity
3. Rewarding Teamwork: Compensation and Performance Appraisals
PART II. INTERNAL DYNAMICS
4. Designing the Team: Tasks, People, and Processes
5. Team Identity, Emotion, and Development
6. Sharpening the Team Mind: Communication and Collective Intelligence
7. Team Decision Making: Pitfalls and Solutions
8. Conflict in Teams: Leveraging Differences to Create Opportunity
9. Creativity: Mastering Strategies for High Performance
PART III. EXTERNAL DYNAMICS
10. Networking, Social Capital, and Integrating across Teams
11. Leadership: Managing the Paradox
12. Interteam Relations: Competition and Cooperation
13. Teaming Across Distance and Culture
APPENDIX 1. Managing Meetings: A Toolkit
APPENDIX 2. Tips for Facilitators
APPENDIX 3. A Guide for Creating Effective Study Groups
APPENDIX 4. Example Items from Peer Evaluations and 360-Degree Performance Evaluations
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Making the Team, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$63.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-296812-6