Directed primarily toward undergraduate Management or Business college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
This bestselling text vividly illustrates management theories by incorporating the perspectives of real-life managers. Throughout this text, readers will see and experience management in action, helping them understand how the concepts they’re reading about work in today’s business world.
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT
1. Management and Organizations
Module. Management History
2. Understanding Management’s Context: Constraints and Challenges
Management Practice - Part I
II. INTEGRATIVE MANAGERIAL ISSUES
3. Managing in a Global Environment
4. Managing Diversity
5. Managing Social Responsibility and Ethics
Management Practice - Part II
III. DECISION MAKING AND CHANGE
6. Managers as Decision Makers
7. Managing Change and Innovation
Management Practice - Part III
IV. PLANNING AND CONTROL
8. Foundations of Planning
9. Strategic Management
10. Managerial Controls
Module. Planning and Control Techniques
Module. Managing Operations
Management Practice - Part IV
11. Basic Organizational Design
12. Adaptive Organizational Design
13. Managing Human Resources
Module. Managing Your Career
14. Managing Teams
Management Practice - Part V
15. Understanding Individual Behavior
16. Managers and Communication
17. Motivating Employees
18. Managers as Leaders
Management Practice - Part VI
Appendix - Managing Entrepreneurial Ventures
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Management, 13th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$97.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-383497-0
$97.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307880-0
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-383486-4
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307881-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users