Directed primarily toward undergraduate business college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Financial crises, catastrophic disasters, and business scandals are constantly making today’s headlines. Annie McKee, author of the textbook Management: A Focus on Leaders, believes that amidst these issues we are experiencing a unique opportunity to add new fervor to the way we prepare students for the future. Directly addressing the challenges and opportunities in our changing world, Management: A Focus on Leaders shows future managers how to lead in a complex, yet exciting, global environment.
Visit WeNeedLeadershipNow.com to find out more about Management: A Focus on Leaders.
Table of Contents
1. Managing and Leading Today: The New Rules.
2. The Leadership Imperative: It’s Up to You.
3. Motivation and Meaning: What Makes People Want to Work?
4. Communication: The Key to Resonant Relationships.
5. Planning and Strategy: Bringing the Vision to Life.
6. The Human Side of Planning: Decision Making and Critical Thinking.
7. Change: A Focus on Adaptability and Resiliency.
8. Workplace Essentials: Creativity, Innovation, and a Spirit of Entrepreneurship.
9. Organizing for a Complex World: Forces Affecting Organizational Structure and Design.
10. Teams and Team Building: How to Work Effectively with Others.
11. Working in a Virtual World: Technology as a Way of Life.
12. Organizational Controls: People, Processes, Quality, and Results.
13. Culture: It’s Powerful.
14. Globalization: Managing Effectively in a Global Economic Environment.
15. Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility: Ensuring the Future.
16. Managing and Leading for Tomorrow: A Focus on Your Future.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-383861-9
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307913-5
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307916-6
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-383860-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$125.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312982-3
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$209.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307761-2