Directed primarily toward undergraduate business college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Financial crises, catastrophic disasters, and business scandals are constantly making today’s headlines. Annie McKee, author of the textbook Management: A Focus on Leaders, believes that amidst these issues we are experiencing a unique opportunity to add new fervor to the way we prepare students for the future. Directly addressing the challenges and opportunities in our changing world, Management: A Focus on Leaders shows future managers how to lead in a complex, yet exciting, global environment.
Table of Contents
1. Managing and Leading Today: The New Rules.
2. The Leadership Imperative: It’s Up to You.
3. Motivation and Meaning: What Makes People Want to Work?
4. Communication: The Key to Resonant Relationships.
5. Planning and Strategy: Bringing the Vision to Life.
6. The Human Side of Planning: Decision Making and Critical Thinking.
7. Change: A Focus on Adaptability and Resiliency.
8. Workplace Essentials: Creativity, Innovation, and a Spirit of Entrepreneurship.
9. Organizing for a Complex World: Forces Affecting Organizational Structure and Design.
10. Teams and Team Building: How to Work Effectively with Others.
11. Working in a Virtual World: Technology as a Way of Life.
12. Organizational Controls: People, Processes, Quality, and Results.
13. Culture: It’s Powerful.
14. Globalization: Managing Effectively in a Global Economic Environment.
15. Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility: Ensuring the Future.
16. Managing and Leading for Tomorrow: A Focus on Your Future.
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307916-6
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-383860-2
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-383861-9
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307913-5
$126.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312982-3
Digital + Print
$224.73 $215.18 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-385326-1 $211.40 $202.42 |