Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133830942.
Based on the premise that high-quality programs for young children are an essential support for families–a part of the family ecosystem–this resource demonstrates how managers of programs for young children must understand the value of family, as well as the relationships between family, program, and community.
Part I of Management of Child Development Programs provides an overview of the demographic and theoretical context within which child development programs operate. Part II focuses on 12 core competencies, derived from a review of currently literature in the field and aligned with NAEYC accreditation criteria, including: personal and professional self-awareness; organizational, fiscal, and personnel management; human relations; facilities management; health and safety; food service; educational programming; family support; marketing and public relations; assessment and evaluation. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and internet resources.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
Part I Introduction 1
Chapter 1 Managing Children’s Centers in the 21st Century
Chapter 2 Types of Child Development Programs
Chapter 3 Applying Theories in Managing a Child Development Center
Part II Core Competencies
Chapter 4 Reflective Management: Personal and Professional Self-Awareness
Chapter 5 Organizational Management
Chapter 6 Fiscal Management
Chapter 7 Personnel Management
Chapter 8 Human Relations
Chapter 9 Facilities Management
Chapter 10 Managing Health and Safety Issues
Chapter 11 Managing Food Service
Chapter 12 Educational Programming
Chapter 13 Family Engagement
Chapter 14 Marketing and Public Relations
Chapter 15 Assessment and Evaluation
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$64.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-357224-7