Intended primarily for Managerial Economics courses, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Economics is a powerful tool that can help managers to manage effectively. In Managerial Economics Jeffrey Perloff and James Brander use real-world issues and examples from actual markets to show future managers how economic principles can be used in business decisions.
In text examples and boxed mini-cases use actual data to illustrate how to use basic models. For example, to illustrate rivalry in oligopolistic markets, the authors look at rivalry between United and American Airlines and between Coke and Pepsi. Mini-case examples include why American Apparel is vertically integrated and why upscale manufacturers limit the number of designer hand-bags a customer is allowed to buy.
To help future managers learn to solve new problems, Perloff and Brander repeatedly demonstrate problem-solving through in-text Q&As. Each Q&A poses an important managerial or economic issue and demonstrates how to solve it using a step-by-step approach.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyEconLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyEconLab search for ISBN-10: 0133457087/ ISBN-13: 9780133457087. That package includes:
- ISBN-10: 0321566440 / ISBN-13: 9780321566447 Managerial Economics
- ISBN-10: 013314612X / ISBN-13: 9780133146127 MyEconLab -- NEW MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Managerial Economics
MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Supply and Demand
Chapter 3 Empirical Methods
Chapter 4 Consumer Choice
Chapter 5 Production
Chapter 6 Costs
Chapter 7 Firm Organization and Market Structure
Chapter 8 Competitive Firms and Markets
Chapter 9 Monopoly
Chapter 10 Pricing with Market Power
Chapter 11 Oligopoly and Monopolistic Competition
Chapter 12 Game Theory and Business Strategy
Chapter 13 Strategies Over Time
Chapter 14 Uncertainty
Chapter 15 Asymmetric Information and Contracts
Chapter 16 Government and Business
Chapter 17 Global Business
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$109.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-314613-4
$62.45 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-703635-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$190.87 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-703605-9